Thursday, August 16, 2012

Spotlight: Dan


Dan, the karate guy.  Dan, the driver.  Dan, the enigma.  Dan, the bebearded.

Dan, the most amazing person I have ever met in my life.  

My husband is known differently to everyone, perhaps.  To me, he is my breath of life.  He is my rock & my provider.  He is my oasis of peace in a chaos-stricken battlefield.  He is my soul mate, given by God, to walk with along the journey of life.  He is both the simplest & most complex person I have ever known.  He requires little, but often has much to give.  He is opinionated, stubborn, and difficult for most people to get along with.  Sometimes he is social.  Usually he is not.  He's vegetarian with a passion.  He's a musician, a writer, an intellectual, a monk, a graphic designer, a truck driver, a human Martial Arts encyclopedia!  And the list goes on...

Take a moment and read all about the unique, wondrous individual that is my husband, Dan!


If you were shrunk to the size of a pencil and put in a blender, how would you get out?

Dan:  *sigh*  I would also use some magical device (that seems to exist in this hypothetical universe) to fly.


An apple costs 20 cents, an orange costs 40 cents, & a grapefruit costs 60 cents.  How much is a pear?

D:  A pair of what?


What would you do if you just inherited a pizzeria from your uncle?

D:  *laughs*  Make the BEST garlic bread-crusted pizza in the world.


What is the philosophy of Martial Arts?

D:  To defeat your enemy, whether that is an external opponent or yourself.


What would be your first question to the people of Antarctica?

D:  How'd you get here?  There are no people in Antarctica.


What do you think of garden gnomes?

D:  I would like one.


Sell me this item. *hands him a drumstick*

D:  This ONE drumstick was used by the drummer of Def Leppard... right? Isn't that the drummer who had one arm?  There's a one-armed drummer out there, I swear.  Look it up.  I forget who it is.  I'd have to, you know, forge his signature on it...    *long pause of silence*      Ok, go ahead.


What do you think makes a person good-looking?

D:  Uhhh... Hmmm... Probably... their choice in movies.  And Books.
(*side note* I don't think he quite understands the difference between good-looking & attractive, but we won't hold that against him.)


How was it working with Al Pacino?

D:  I really don't remember... hahaha!  *continues laughing*


What would you do if I gave you an elephant?

D:  I would get rid of our car & ride on it.


Stats:
Favorite color:  That's tough.  It's a toss-up between green & blue.
Favorite activity:  Well, certainly not answering these questions...
Favorite singer:  Well, hang on.  I haven't finished the last one!  Don't rush me, woman.  Favorite activity would probably be listening to music.
Favorite singer (again): I don't like singers.
Favorite song:  I have so many.  I'd have to say... The March.  It's Superman's theme song in the first Superman movie with Christopher Reeve by John Williams.
Favorite movie:  The Tenth Kingdom
Favorite TV show:  Community
Favorite book:  Tao Te Ching
Favorite author:  Lao Tzu
Favorite sport:  Hmmmmm.... favorite sport.... basketball, I guess.



1 comment: