Monday, August 13, 2012

Spotlight: Elijah

  I was thinking that a good way to introduce myself on my blog would be to introduce those who are the biggest influences on my life - my soul,  my being, my family.   Each entry will highlight a specific individual with whom I interact on a daily basis and inspire me to be the best person I can be.

  First up:  My son, Elijah.


  Elijah is my first born who stole my heart with his first breath.  Everyday, his imagination takes me to places I never thought I would go.  His inquisitive nature is both endearing as much as it is nerve-wracking, all in one fell swoop.  He is truly a beacon of light in the swirl of a stormy sea.  His innocence makes me worry and makes me proud.  I love him with every part of my being and I am so glad to be connected at my core with this unique, funny, and awe-inspiring individual that I am able to call my son.

  I found some fun interview questions that I thought would be a neat way for you to get to know him better:

You are stranded on a desert island. You have 60 seconds to choose people of three professions to come with you. Who do you choose? Go!

Elijah: Mommy, Dan & Gwen
Mommy (Me): No you have to choose professions.
E: What is professions?
M: Professions are jobs.
E: Ok um I'd pick a Survival Guide, a Chef so I know how to cook, and a Stunt Man because if I were on a desert island, I might have to go up against a tiger or a shark.  So that's why.


If you were a tree what kind of tree would you be?

E: Well, I'd like to be a Redwood because that's the biggest tree in the world.


If you were a Star Wars® character, which one would you be?

E: Grievous.


What is the last book you read?

E: The last book I read?  I think it was... The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe.


If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be?

E: Hmmmmm, Fry.
M: Fry from Futurama? Why?
E: Cause he's funny and I like him.


If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see play the lead role as you?

E: Well, I would like to play the lead role as me.  Because no one's ever gonna be more like me than me.


What's the most important part of the sandwich?

E: Definitely the bread.  Can't have a sandwich without the bread. Oh, that reminds me... Can I tell you about this kind-of-like-sandwich in space?
M:  Uhhhh, ok!
E: (Goes on about said space sandwich for the better part of 10 minutes.)
M: (Still has no idea what he was saying.  Something about dust that you can’t actually eat.)  Continuing...


What was the best piece of advice you ever got?

E: To me I guess it would be to never pick the easy way, always the harder way.


What is something that not a lot of people know about you but you WISH more people COULD know?

E: That I'm crazy.
M: You want people to know that you're crazy?
E: Yes.  Yes I do.


Sleeping in or staying up late?

E: Staying up late.


Snow or Sun?

E: Both


PeeWee Herman or Mr. Bean?

E: Oh, both.  Is there any questions about The Three Stooges?
M: No.
E: Darn.


Batman or Superman?

E: Superman


Stats
Age: 10
Birthday: October 29
Favorite Color: Green
Favorite Food: Grilled Cheese
Favorite Movie: Star Wars: Episode VI
Quote: "Are we doing anything today?"




2 comments:

  1. Such a very special person. But not surprised seeing he is your son. :^)

    ReplyDelete