Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Party



You know that feeling you get when you walk into a room full of people you don't know?  Everyone is happily chatting amongst each other.  No one offers right away to take your jacket.  You're not sure where the bathroom is... and you REALLY gotta go.

Finally, someone gives you a friendly smile & wave.  You (perhaps a bit over-excitedly) wave back, only to realize a second later that their oh-so-warm greeting was intended for the person standing 3 feet behind you.

You begin to slink over near the food table, noticed by no one other than the resident canine, who unabashedly can't seem to keep his nose out of your crotch.

We've all been there... ok, maybe not to this same extent, but we can all relate somewhat to this scenario.

That's how I feel about entering into the ever popular, possibly over-crowded "blogosphere."

I kinda feel like I'm not really sure why I came to this party.  I mean, I hear it's all the rage, but am I just another wallflower blending into the background?  Do you even want to hear my whispers in this room full of screams?  Is your dog going to sniff my crotch???

So, yeah, I have more than a few doubts.  But, you know what?  I brought some damn good cupcakes to this party.  Once you taste them, you WILL want the recipe.  And I came because I'd love to share it with you.  And, who knows?  Maybe some day I'll be hosting my own parties!

Please be kind to this fresh-faced newcomer.  I am looking forward to exchanging ideas with the online community.  I've got a few good ones up my sleeve & I know you do, too!

This might be kind of short, but that's alright, for now.  I just want to take a look around & soak it all in.  Sure is a nice place you've got here!

So, turn up the music, bring out the main course... and PLEASE point me to the bathroom!



~Angela


1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you, Sunshine. Your blog is so attractive. I like that you used Renoir's painting 'The Boating Party' as part of your design. One of my favorite artists. Makes it very festive. You've BEEN showing so much of your creative side lately. (She gets that from me.) My grandkiddos are so lucky to have you for their Mom. I wish you all the best with your blog. I love you to the moon and back! Mom

    ReplyDelete